Yum! Lemony, garlicky, and spicy. I love pastas with a clear or brothy sauce that have a lot of taste, and this is one of my favourites. It’s perfect on a hot summer day or on a drizzly winter night. This recipe makes enough for two people if it’s all you’re having, or for four if you’re having an appetizer first and dessert afterward.
If you don’t have udon, this would be just as good with any kind of long pasta noodle like linguine or spaghetti.
Try our lemony, garlicky & spicy udon without leaving the comfort of your own home!
|2 tbsp||olive oil|
|2 cups||chopped tomatoes (3 small tomatoes or 300g)|
|2 tbsp||minced garlic (20g)|
|2 tsp||lemon zest (zest of 1 average lemon)|
|2 tsp||sambal oelek|
|1 tsp||dried oregano|
|2 cups||vegetable stock|
|4 cups||chopped mixed leafy greens (e.g. dandelion, kale, Swiss chard)|
|1/2 tsp||sea salt|
|1 package||(8oz/230g) kamut udon noodles, cooked according to package directions|
|4 tsp||raw pumpkin seeds|
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add tomatoes and garlic. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Stir in lemon zest, sambal oelek, and oregano.
- Add stock and mixed greens, increase the heat to high and cook for 1 or 2 minutes, until the greens are tender-crisp.
- Add sea salt and cooked noodles, tossing to mix.
- Transfer to 2 or 4 bowls and sprinkle pumpkin seeds over each.